//////////sssssssssssshhhhhhhh.................

Friday, July 15, 2005

Thus Prances the Mute

My wisdom teeth got yanked and I've been chewing gauze all morning. I've turned sphinctering the gag reflex into a fun sort of game thing, enjoyable except for the crippling feeling of imminent death and the blood that splurts out of my mouth. Has anyone else played this game? How long does this go on? Oh I forgot, I don't have a readership. Balls!

I really have nothing to utter but complaints. I bought the new Mars Volta album for $5.99 at bestbuy.com, and after listening to it, I think I understand the plight of those who have been ungraciously bludgeoned here so often. It's cryptic, hopelessly so - nailed to the ceiling with wanton metaphor and here' s something that's curious: Instead of spurring me to contemplate the album's supposedly complex emotional content, Frances the Mute has caused yours truly to reconsider all notions of pretension. Think of Professor Harry Frankfurt's On Bullshit, but about pretension, and in my head... And my copy appears to be defective. There are pops and fuzzes in the middle of "Cassandra Geminni."

MYW at 10:02 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at July 15, 2005 at 2:36 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read your blog, although i never comment. but i will comment this time, since i actually have some knowledge about wisdom teeth, unlike any of the other stuff you usually blog about.

i think your bleeding should stop by the end of the day, and once you get a good night's sleep, you will feel much better. if you're looking for some non-liquidy food, tapioca or pudding is good (especially if it is warm, it is not very painful to eat.)

--betsy

 
at July 15, 2005 at 11:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

that "other stuff" is what makes this site coming back to.

Besty, certainly you know something about haircuts, spayings, and me. those are all subjects that have recently been featured (someone should let Ben Sands know, he might have missed it).

i know martinsek is on here. HE never comments either.

 
at July 24, 2005 at 2:18 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you wouldn't be too picky about food if your wisdom teeth [holes] were bleeding all the time, but don't you think pudding is absolutely disgusting? I eat yogurt, but I can't eat pudding because I find the combination of pudding density and texture with sugar unbearable. It's like sprinkling sugar on your yogurt. That's why my dream was always a pool with jello and not pudding
jello would be alot more fun in terms of slipping and bouncing and also likely lethal which would be pretty funny.

 
at July 24, 2005 at 5:53 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Master, if you care to please me, I would greatly appreciate if you *wink*wink* pushed my square *wink*wink*. I will be back Monday, hopefully in time and on time for the square pushin'.

 
at July 28, 2005 at 7:10 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure i'd remember that game from when i got my wisdom teeth out if i hadnt been really distracted by the coneheads, billy elliot and my codine high

 
at July 31, 2005 at 12:22 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a completely unrelated note, thank you Mark, for inspiring me to think these ideas that are pouring through my brain and onto my blog and to my friends. I don't know if it would've been possible without you. I hope we stay in touch when you're gone. If only there was more time...

 
at August 5, 2005 at 7:53 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not pretend that I've been blogging for any reason other than as an outlet for my addiction to writing, and my need for self-expression. I have done nothing valiant here. Any sort of amusement or inspiration on the part of others is purely the result of luck.

 

Post a Comment