//////////sssssssssssshhhhhhhh.................

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Warming Up

A change of place put a smile on my face. After crashing around with my new peer group, I cut short my infirm interim in A dorm, ready for something better. I have since sallied forth toward my new home, a place that's nicer and closer to Kaiser. I am also addicted to caffeine; my research on ADHD has led me to this cheap, delicious treatment. My brain races and my neuroses purr. Who would have thought that feeding my wild, untamed brain stimulants would curb its unfavorable expressions?

The stargazing at my new pad is fab - a welcome improvement over the piss yellow haze which hung around my last residence. I enjoyed the view during a stroll to the corner store, a boxy Texaco station staffed by an elderly east Asian man. "What's up dood?" the old man crooned beneath a Korean accent.
"What's goin' on, buddy?" I plopped my Pop Tarts on the counter.
"Ohh, those good, my favorite," he informed me. I offered him one, calling his bluff. He demurred politely. I told him I had just moved into the area and he welcomed me to the neighborhood.

As I hustled back to my new abode, sniffing clean air, I laughed aloud at the old man's unexpected hipness. I hope this mood continues.

MYW at 10:18 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment