//////////sssssssssssshhhhhhhh.................

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yuckafuck

According to Henry Miller, Emerson once proposed that "life consists in what a man is thinking all day." Is this so? Is my life simply a big empty buffet? My thoughts turn constantly to all the food I won't be eating: chocolate, bananas, sourdough, cheese, apples, pizza, macaroni. I do this to gain muscles and lose fat. I am becoming a very trim catastrophe indeed. Someday I will burst, biceps and eggs and beans everywhere. My guts will stain the earth; I will birth a ten pound capsule of B-vitamins, I will shit out my brain. 'You can't hog all that mass,' God says. 'Sweet Jesus, have some charity.'

I don't know what is bad or what is good anymore. Today, I wrote a song and recorded it. Did it sound good or does it suck? I can't tell. Is there a test I can run to qualify it? Can I type it into Google? I have moments like this, where I think I was born to be a mathematician. Cause and effect is about all I can handle.

MYW at 8:58 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment