//////////sssssssssssshhhhhhhh.................

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Voyager

With spirits high and winds fair, I pushed off yesterday from my new corner of reality, setting sail for the Greenery. As per my invitation, I arrived at 1. I prepared a plate of hearty pork chop and vittles. Conversation was effortless and jovial. My companions and I shared starry expressions of mirth, sipping coffee and issuing heterodox flirtations to Charlotte, the cashieress.

As dinner approached, the room's scoliotic overseer came to Spencer and I with a fishy request. We were ushered out of the eatery for the sake of some dubious deep cleaning. Realizing soon thereafter that I had been duped, I returned to claim my dinner, whereupon I was asked to pay nine more dollars for the privelege of reentry. The dirt on the floor was still visible. Pathetically, I paid.

Dinner was bittersweet. During a happy exchange with my hairy friends, a lonely spirit drifted in halfway through and commandeered the conversation with her antics. Stalking my peer group through the dormitories, she refused every opportunity to excuse herself gracefully, continuing instead to build a mess of undesirable nonsense around us. Finally time forced her hand into exitus, and I traipsed through the woods hoping to shake my bad mood.

Coming back to campus, I stood and ogled the area. People exited the buildings, tracing quiet arcs across the hideous scenery. Standing below the window of my old room, I realized how odious the living had been. In retrospect, everything neutral went sour; those things I had hoped to treasure had never been mine. It was my party, and I would have cried, had I wanted to. I went home.

MYW at 12:14 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment