//////////sssssssssssshhhhhhhh.................

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Amen

Almost there. The road stretches out before me, never ending, never curving. We traveled all morning, all afternoon, and now dusk unfolds before me, the gooey orange sun dipping down into the horizon.

Today ended my meatless adventure in West Virginia. The mountains were a startling sight, the fog tickling the large titly peaks and even some running down to smother us in the valley with such vibrant hues. Two days passed in the company of hippies, and my hair reeks of lavender and everything else natural.

Now we are passing through Ocala. My thoughts turn to the slash on my brow and to the foul brute who laid it upon me, and I have to shiver. I touch the thing, it screams back at me; the hurt is pale and terrifying. The whole mess clings like dried shit and I have to start a new paragraph to get rid of it.

Surely, after the apocalypse, man will once again embrace nature. Local goods will support us all and agriculture will again be in fashion. Ugly ass strip malls will wither and suburbia will die. I will dig my toes into the flesh of the Earth. Everyone will share their dirt. Everyone shall eat what they have harvested. Politicians will be destroyed.

That wouldn't be so bad.

MYW at 8:39 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment