//////////sssssssssssshhhhhhhh.................

Monday, October 23, 2006

In My Room

Hard times have hit for the ants in the bathroom. They've resorted to drinking the excess urine that splashes out of the urinal onto the floor. Some of them, the boldest ones, climb into the abyss and dare to drink from the very mouth of the thing, risking death by flush.

The ants do not suffer alone. I've been nickeled and dimed, nevermind the fact that the new washing machines only take quarters. But they are more efficient and - purportedly - gentler. They won't ruff yer garb. You pay the price though: 1.25 to wash, 1.25 to dry. I've strung up my room with thin white cable, drying lines. The cool crisp air will kiss dry my damp corduroys, my delicately wetted drawers. No dryers for me.

Last night, high atop my elevated bunk I ventured to dream, and I dreamed some curious things indeed. I dreamed of a glorious return to high school. There I was, and everyone else, shuffling around in long lines on our way to class. Their eyes gleamed, and so did Henry's braces. They were all subbies! I wasn't though. I towered above them all, stout and mature like a stallion. I met my match though - a woman. I saw her, slowly drifting towards the stairwell. She looked at me and frowned, refusing my affection. Something was murmed. She then moved on...

MYW at 9:03 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment